Ant Control | Spider Control | Wasp Control | Rodent Control
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey is situated among the rolling hills and scenic farmland of Hunterdon County, which is one of the top 5 wealthiest counties in the United States. The town is a railroad stopping point along New Jersey Transit’s Raritan Valley Line yet still a quiet nook in New Jersey’s beautiful countryside. There are major advantages to living in the peaceful country, such as a slower pace of life, cleaner air, friendlier people and lower crime rates. While pests are everywhere, in the countryside, there are more open spaces for pests to run free. Skunks, possum, racoons and other larger mammal pests are not so common in the urban jungle, but if you live in a quiet, rural area, your chances of having these pests invade your spaces are greater. Pests all have one thing in common—they are thieves. They see your home and it has something they want, whether that is food, water, shelter or warmth, they will try and steal from you. It is essential to add Whitehouse Station pest control to your routine list of to do’s.
Keeping pests out of your space
One of the best things about living in the country is all the open space. Large lots for your home to sit on, away from neighbors and noise…ahhh, it’s bliss. However, these large open spaces mean fewer options for pests and they see your home as a glowing beacon. If they can get inside, it can mean everything for their survival. It is important to understand that no home is immune to pest problems. No matter how clean and tidy you are, your home could still fall victim to a pest infestation. Professional pest control in Whitehouse Station is so important but there are lots of things you can do to avoid pest problems. Here are a few things you can do to avoid pest infestations:
- Store food in airtight containers: There are many pests that want your food such as cockroaches, ants and rodents. Keeping your food locked up tight will not only keep your food from getting contaminated but minimize their chances of survival and infesting further should a pest get inside.
- Keep your home sealed tight: Pests search diligently for ways to get inside your home. Any crack, crevice or hole in your homes’ exterior, windows or doors can be like a neon light to a pest. Some pests are terrible enough that they are actually able to create holes in your so if you are paying attention, you may be able to stop it.
- Minimize clutter: This includes both inside and outside of your home. By keeping your yard free of garbage and debri piles and clutter from building up on the inside of your home, you reduce the number of places pests can hide. They don’t like attention so hiding places are key to their survival.
- Keep lids on your garbage: So many types of pests love your garbage. Wasps, rodents, small mammals, ants and many more feel like your trash is their treasure. If it is open and waiting there, they feel like it is a gift to them. Keep those lids on tight! If you don’t, they could tell their friends and soon you will have many more pests.
- Fix all leaky faucets, pipes and appliances: All pests need water and many of these love standing water. Mosquitoes, for instance, can exponentially increase their numbers in just an inch or two of standing water.
- Sweep, vacuum and clean: While any home can become a pest infested nightmare, it is true that if your home is dirtier, your chances of pests do increase. Floors full of crumbs and sticky, food covered counters and cabinets are huge temptations for pests. If they get inside, they find a food source and a place to hide, they will never leave.
Got pests? Time for Pointe Pest Control
It is a sickening feeling to discover you have pests. You want them gone as soon as possible. When it comes to pest infestations, this is not the time to find the cheapest way to get rid of them. Skimping on quality pest control can mean that the problem is not fully resolved and the pests stick around to continue their dirty work. Professional Whitehouse Station pest control with Pointe Pest Control means that the problem is solved correctly the first time. Call us today for the best and most effective pest control around, we are happy to help.