Rodent Control | Ant Control | Wasp Control | Spider Control
With an 85 seat theater and over 100,000 items of Three Stooges memorabilia, the Stoogeum off Sheble Lane in Ambler is the place to go. As the headquarters of the Three Stooges Fan Club, the Stoogeum will have you laughing at one of the best comedies ever produced. Now, if you have an infestation of spiders in your Ambler home, you won’t feel like laughing. Did you know that arachnophobia, the fear of spiders, is one of the most common phobias? There is just something inherently frightening about spiders. They have those nasty fangs, long sickly legs, and rows of eyes. It is little wonder that people hate the idea of sharing their home with spiders. Here at Pointe Pest Control, we use the most current and scientifically proven method to eliminate spiders. If you have an infestation, then we have a solution. We are serious about spider control in Ambler.
Different Types of Spiders
There are a lot of different spiders out there, but depending on their behaviors, they can be lumped into specific groups. Our technicians work to identify the type of spider that is plaguing your home, because treatments change depending on the invader. Like supervillains, each type of spider has certain weaknesses. At Pointe Pest Control, we target their weaknesses so we get the spider infestation out of your home. Here are a few different spider groups that you might find in a home near you.
- Orb Weavers: Orb Weaver Spiders are not common invaders of homes. Orb weavers are spiders that spin the beautiful webs in your rose bushes. Orb weavers use stick webs to catch flying insects. Orb Weavers are beneficial spiders, but you still don’t want them inside of your home.
- Funnel Webs: Funnel web spiders create a flat web that descends down into a hole. The hole is where the spider goes to hide. Like all spiders, funnel web spiders can bite. Their bites are not medically significant, but many can still hurt. While it isn’t very common for these spiders to come into homes, it is still probable to find them indoors.
- Jumping Spiders: Like their name suggests, jumping spiders attack prey by pouncing on them. Jumping spiders use their webbing to create a bungee cord. If they miss the insect they were trying to pounce upon, their silk will act as a life line. Jumping spiders have been shown to make decisions. If presented with two mosquitoes, one empty and one filled with blood, they will usually chose the one filled with blood. This means that jumping spiders are able to determine which insect has more caloric input. If you suffer from arachnophobia, you probably didn’t want to know that spiders have evolved enough to make choices.
- Wandering Spiders: These spiders usually run down, or stalk prey. They do not have webs. Wandering spiders are hunters. These are the spiders you will find wandering around your home. Brown recluse spiders fall into this category. Even though there are arguments about the necrosis associated with their bites, if you get bit by a brown recluse you should definitely seek medical attention.
- Cob Web Spiders: This type of spider web has also been referred to as a messy web. Cob web spiders usually build their webs close to the ground. The webs look like a bunch of haphazardly placed silk strands. Black Widow spiders fall into this category. Black widow spiders produce a serious neurotoxin in their venom. If you get bit by a black widow, you should seek medical attention.
Pointe Pest Control
There are a lot of different spiders out there, but there is one company dedicated to getting them out of your home. When you call Pointe Pest Control, you are getting dedicated, local, spider elimination specialists. We have years of experience with spider control in Ambler. We know the best and proven methods for getting any spider infestation out of your home. When you call us, you are putting our years of experience to work for you. There is nothing funny about a spider infestation. No matter how big the infestation, we can create a treatment plan that is specific for you home. When you want the spiders gone, you need Pointe Pest Control.