Middletown, Pennsylvania got its name back in the 1750’s because it was halfway between Carlisle and Lancaster. Though it may not seem so, the town is a lot more fun than the name suggests. The Vineyard and Brewery at Hershey has some of the best wine you can find. Wine tasting tours come with cheese and chocolate platters and are a great idea for a weekend date. For more family friendly ideas, the Saturday Farmer’s Market or Doc’s Fun Center are exciting ways to play when you need a day out. Just make sure that while you’re away, the pests don’t come to play too. You might think, “Oh, I don’t have to worry about that, we don’t have a pest problem,” but it’s when you let your guard down that these tragic infestations happen. Keeping your home pest free requires diligent and constant prevention measures, including expert Middletown pest control.
How do I know if I have a pest infestation?
One of the distinctive traits of a pest is their quiet, sneaky ways of getting into homes and businesses undetected. If they were loud and made themselves known, infestations would never happen because we would be alerted to their presence immediately. Instead, they silently creep in, find their way into our food and walls and set up a cozy spot for breeding. Often times homeowners discover a pest infestation when the problem has grown and spiraled out of control. You may not know it at firsts however. You might see one mouse, one cockroach or one spider and think, “At least it’s just one!” But the problem is that by the time you see one or two pests, there are usually dozens or even hundreds more where that one came from. Here are a few tips to alert you have a pest infestation:
- Scratching noises within the walls or ceiling
- Chew or bite marks on bags, boxes or in clothing
- Droppings along the walls or under furniture
- Discarded wings
- Actual sighting of pests
If you are constantly on the lookout, you can spot the signs of pests before the problem becomes too great.
How can I prevent a pest infestation?
It is possible to have a completely pest free home but it takes dedication. It is not a difficult task and by practicing pest prevention techniques, you can reduce the chances of getting a pest infestation in your home. Here are few ways to keep your home safer:
- Seal cracks and holes: A hole or crack in the exterior of your home is like a neon sign to a pest, alerting them of the wonderful and fantastic world of opportunity within your home. By sealing every entrance point to you home, you diminish this opportunity. Regular inspection of the exterior ensures cracks or holes have not appeared as your home ages.
- Keep garage and sheds shut tight: Some pests just want shelter and your garage and shed are perfect havens from the cold weather. Keeping these areas shut tight will keep rodents, wasps, spiders and other pests out.
- Close food in airtight containers: Storing your food in airtight containers rather than the packaging it came in ensures that any ant, rodent or cockroach that snuck in cannot nibble a bite inside.
- Check doors and windows: The seals on doors and windows can deteriorate over time. Replace weather stripping and rubber seals and make sure these openings to your home are tight.
Prevent pests with professional Middletown pest control
The best way to prevent an infestation is to schedule routine pest treatments and inspections. Our treatments are safe, non-toxic and organic so you do not have to fret over harsh chemicals in proximity to your family. These guaranteed pest control methods have a high rate of success and if you are not satisfied, we will refund your last service payment. We hope to establish positive and happy relationships with our customers. If you are not happy, we are not happy and we will do our best to make sure your home is pest free year round.
Other Service Areas in Pennsylvania:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.